The period before the wedding may be stressful, for you need to prepare meticulously for your ‘D’ day to be memorable. But the numerous preparations and the day’s ceremonies may leave you exhausted. Why not unwind and start your life together without interruptions in Kerala, one of India’s most exotic, romantic destinations?
What is your dream location for your honeymoon? Is it misty hills, calming beaches, lush green expanse of paddy fields or coconut trees? You name it, and Kerala has got it.
Continue reading to know the top 2 honeymoon destinations in Kerala that will make your first trip together memorable.
1. Munnar for the Stunning Views
If lush green tea plantations, misty mountains, breathtaking sunrise and sunsets, cosy candlelight dinner, and surreal cottages are your idea of romance, Munnar is the best honeymoon destination for you. Incidentally, Munnar is located on the Western Ghats and is on the list of top honeymoon destinations in India for 2022.
Main Attractions in Munnar
- Eravikulam National Park
- Mattupetty Dam
- Tea Museum
Best Time to Visit Munnar
- November to September
- March to June
Here’s What You Can Do in Munnar
- Attend the Kathakali and Kalaripayattu at Punarnava Cultural Centre in Punarjani Traditional Village to experience the culture of Kerala.
- Visit the Top station nestled between the mountains Mudrapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundala for a panoramic view of the Western Ghats. The Neelakurinji flowers (Strobilanthus) that bloom once in 12 years is quite a treat if you are lucky to time your honeymoon accordingly.
- A visit to the Lockhart Tea Factory, Munnar, can teach you much about tea processing.
How to get to Munnar
The nearest airport is Nedumbaserry Airport. The drive to Munnar from the airport will take you about three and a half hours.
2. Wayanad for the Adventurous
A honeymoon at Wayanad is what nature lovers can hope for. The natural scenery, waterfalls, ancient caves and a vast expanse of lush green plantations that’s what Waynad is all about. Incredible stunning views await the couples who like to trek or cycle at Wayanad.
Major Attractions at Wayanad
- Eddakal Caves
- Soochipura Waterfalls
- Banasura Sagar Dam
Best Time to Visit Wayanad
The best time is October to May, and if you like the winter and cold temperatures, visit Wayanad from December to February, when the temperature can be as low as 10C
Here’s What You Can Do in Wayanad
- A visit to Kurvua Island for your first private picnic together. Located amid River Kabini and surrounded by an evergreen forest Kurvua is a nurture lover’s delight.
- Visit the Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary, where you are sure to sight herds of elephants with their calves. You will also see the Spotted Deer, Bison, and Malabar Giant Squirrels. The lucky tourist also spots leopards and tigers. The best resorts in Wayanad, like the Raindrop resort, organize jungle safaris for you.
- On your honeymoon, you must trek up Chembra Peak for a stunning view of a heart-shaped lake.
The Best Resort In Wayanad
Ayurvedic spa with fresh herbs grown onsite, authentic mouth watering delicacies and balconies that overlook the lush green coffee and pepper plantation is what Raindrop resorts, the best honeymoon resort in Wayanad, offers you.
The exotic honeymoon package offers the newlyweds complimentary breakfast and dinner. The couple can choose to stay indoors and order in or have a candlelight dinner at the restaurant. The Resort offers several other complimentary services to newly-weds such as,
- The warmth of a traditional Indian welcome
- Honeymoon villa provided someone didn’t get there before you.
- You visit the old Rama temple and receive the conventional Kerala blessing for newlyweds.
- A back rub for 30 minutes for each of you at the ayurvedic spa
- Jungle Safari, provided you are one of the first to book the safari and arrive in the right season.
How to get to Wayanad
The Karipur International Airport at Kozhikode is only 100 km from Wayanad. You can also catch a train to Kozhikode and then cab it down.
There are several honeymoon resorts in Wayanad, but you cannot take the one you will spend the rest of your life with to just anyone. Look for the best Resort in Wayanad, like Raindrops Resorts, that has an excellent honeymoon package at an affordable price. Enjoy the luxury of living in a top-class resort and explore to find every necessary facility within walking distance. You are sure to make memories during your stay at the Raindrops Resorts.