Wayanad is an exotic, pristine hill destination in Kerala that is located at a distance of about 240 km from Bangalore. If you wish to spend a quiet, serene weekend away from the hustle-bustle of the city, then Wayanad is the ideal place for you. Geographically, this green paradise is situated among the Western Ghats on the southern tip of the Deccan plateau and is full of plantations, dense forests, and wildlife.
How to Reach Wayanad
Wayanad is an approachable destination that is connected to various cities of India by air, rail, and road.
You can travel to Wayanad by road from three nearby airports situated at Kozhikode, Kannur, and Mysore that are located at a distance of 90 km, 93 km, and 122 km respectively. From either of these airports, one can reach Wayanad conveniently by taxis, cabs or buses that are frequently available.
One can travel up to the nearest Kozhikode railway station at about a distance of 100 km from Wayanad. Mysore railway station is also an option as it is at a distance of 132 km from Wayanad. Trains from various cities across India are connected to Kozhikode & Mysore, and from there you may avail cab services to Wayanad.
Road travel is the most convenient and opted for especially if one is traveling from South Indian cities such as Thiruvananthapuram, Bangalore, Mangalore, and Cochin. Various private buses are also available if you do not wish to travel by your own private vehicle.
What to do in Wayanad
There are myriad things that can be done at Wayanad. Take a look:
- Sightseeing: Wayand has numerous scenic locations for you to savor:
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary: You can opt for a thrilling jungle safari with a view of elephants, panthers, peacocks, etc.
- Neelimala Viewpoint: Enjoy the view of mystic landscapes, mountains, and the scenic Meenmutti waterfalls
- 900 kandi: Cherish the magic of the lush greens at this mystical place where adventure meets serenity. Here, there is an amazing glass bridge at a height of 100 feet that offers a 360-degree view of the towering trees, rolling hills and canopy of clouds.
- Chembra Peak: Enjoy a thrilling trek to Chembra peak and relish the breathtaking views on the way.
- Zip lining: You can’t miss the chance of flying over the tea estates of Wayanad or Karlad Lake.
- Cycling: It is the best way to explore the greenery, tea plantations, and scenic views.
- Experience Nature:
- Camping: Have an experience of a lifetime by fishing, bonfire, and musical evenings in the green environment.
- Walk through Nature Trails: Soothe your soul by walking through the trails in the forest.
- Meenmutty Waterfalls: This three-tiered waterfall is a must-visit for nature lovers.
- Spiritual Experience:
- Thirunelli Temple: Located on the Brahmagiri hills, this ancient temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- Jain Temple: Built in the 3rd century AD; this temple made of granite will give you peace in the midst of the wilderness.
- Explore the history
- Wayanad Heritage Museum: This is an archaeological museum with exhibits that date back to 2nd century A.D.
- Edakkal Caves: The walls of this cave have carvings of pictorial paintings and ancient inscriptions that will apprise you with the historical facts of the place.
Best Getaway in Kerala
We are sure that till now you must have started planning your visit to Wayanad!
But your trip remains incomplete without finding a perfect place to stay.
Don’t worry! We’ve got your back!
Raindrops, a luxury boutique resort is an ideal place for you to get high on the best time of your life. This nature’s hideout is one of the best resorts in Wayanad for family stays. The individual cottages are nature-inspired and are placed to not displace any tree or bush from its original place. When in this resort, you will find yourself amid woods surrounded by lush, paddy fields yet you shall have access to all the facilities and amenities that would make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Raindrops is the best resort in Wayanad and would give you exposure to nature in the best way possible. It is also one of the most famous honeymoon resorts in Wayanad and is frequently visited by newlyweds.
The various amenities that you can find at Raindrops resort are:
- Swimming pool: Take a dip in the swimming pool and let your worries drown!
- Ayurvedic Spa: What can be better than an ayurvedic spa in the woods!
- Indoor & outdoor games: Indulge in outdoor and indoor games in your free time.
- Restaurant: Relish the multiple cuisines at our amazing restaurant.
- Campfire: Enjoy with your loved ones during the campfire under the starry sky.
- Cycling: Cycle away through the lanes of Wayanad and explore the local area.
- Plantation tour: Learn about the various spices and herbs that are native to Kerala.
Raindrops resort is a home away from home where you can be lazy and adventurous at the same time!!!
So, have you packed your bags yet?